Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Ah, Thanksgiving. What a great holiday! You get to eat ridiculous amounts of food, have fun with family and it rings in the rest of the holiday season. Bryan and I spent our second Thanksgiving together at his mom's house in Morgan. Of course, it was our first as a married couple. We went up with David on Wednesday night and spent all of Thanksgiving Day there.

Here is some of our spread (I think some of it was on the counter). Who knows how we fit it all? I made those sweet potatoes on the corner. They are my mom's recipe and they are one of my favorite things she makes for holidays.

How good does this look? This is my plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing and "pink stuff" (as they call the jello salad in Bryan's family).

Bryan wanted me to take a picture of his plate as well. Oh. Bryan made deliciously moist rolls, pictured here.

I also made two pumpkin pies (the pie tins were small so the filling made for two). It was my first time! Pumpkin pie is so easy to make-- I never knew! Getting the crust right is the hardest part if you're doing it from scratch... especially when you have to go to four different stores to find a pastry cutter. Our friend Weston is over right now and we are all actually enjoying some leftover pumpkin pie/

I also made an apple pie! Both pies turned out well-- I probably liked the apple best. Thank you Our Best Bites!

Here we are sporting our fall colors. I had to specifically ask Bryan to wear this shirt.

Unfortunately, I had to work Friday and Saturday so our holiday got cut a little short. We stayed until about 9:30PM and then headed to the Park City Outlets for a little Black Friday shopping. I've never been one for crowds but this is a little tradition that Bryan and his friends have and it is pretty fun once you get to the actual shopping part.

3 comments:

  1. The 2 best dishes were the sweet potatoes made by you and the rolls made by Bryan. I didn't know if the rolls were going to make it to the table!

    ReplyDelete