Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas 2013

A late Merry Christmas to all! We have been a little preoccupied this year and didn't send Christmas cards out. Most Christmases we travel to see family but, since Luke is so brand new, we spent our first Christmas in our new home actually at home! No family was able to come so it was just us three-- our own little family. It was a nice and simple day. We woke up and fed Luke and then we Skyped with my sister and her family, who live overseas in Qatar. My parents were there for Christmas so we got to talk to them as well. Then we opened presents!

Here are a couple of pictures of Luke with one of his few Christmas presents. I figured since I just gave him life and a nursery full of things to go with it that we'd be pretty simple. We got him a couple of board books and he got a few things from other family as well. We had all kinds of Christmas outfits for him-- here he is in his jammies! His feet are little Santas.

One of my presents was this beautiful Anthropologie apron! I have a closet full of aprons-- I love them! I also got some beautiful new cookware.

Bryan got this Zelda game, which he spent pretty much the rest of the day playing while Luke and I napped on the recliner next to him.


One of Bryan's gifts to me was this Downtown Abbey cookbook! Awesome!

We also got a family copy of The Book of Mormon, which is really neat. We got a lot of other really nice things from family as well! Thank you so much, everyone! We loved eveeything!

In the Whitney family it is tradition to have Eggs Benedict for Christmas breakfas. Bryan did it all and he did such a great job!




Luke and I in front of the Christmas tree. Yes, that's a little reindeer on his bottom. :)

We barely even celebrated New Year's. We went to bed at 9:30! I'm sure we'll be more adventurous when the newborn stage is over and we get into a good routine.

Luke is doing well and actually sleeps really well at night! We feed him around 10 and then he wakes up at 2 and 6 to eat but otherwise sleeps (and lets us sleep). We are blessed that he doesn't suffer from day/night confusion. We are having some issues with nursing that have been pretty stressful but that is a story for another blog post.

We hope everyone had a great holiday and we promise to send out Christmas cards next year.

2 comments:

  1. Which sister is in Qatar and why? I love how you said I just gave him life so we decided to go simple for presents. You look beautiful in those pictures of you and Luke by the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie and her family are in Qatar. Ryan got a job teaching at Virginia Commonwealth University's satellite campus there. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete