Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bryan's Birthday

Last Friday, the 18th, was Bryan's 25th Birthday! Now we are both a quarter of a century old. I don't have many pictures to share. It seems like when we get together in a group I never remember to take pictures or maybe it just feels unnatural to do so.

Every Friday at work at have an 8AM meeting and then I come home and go back for my shift around 11:45AM. Because I had worked extra time during the course of the week and came in early to help on another day when staff was low, I didn't have to be back until 1:45PM! So, I came home and Bryan opened his presents and I made us BLECs (Bacon, Lettuce, Egg, Cheese) sandwiches on sourdough bread for his birthday breakfast. Then I cleaned and started his birthday cake and, even with all the extra time, I just made it to work after getting things done! Bryan's favorite meal is chicken enchiladas that his mom made for him while he was growing up so I made those and we threw a bit of a dinner party with our friends. Here is the 3 layer chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and chocolate ganache that I made for his birthday:


Here we are singing to Bryan just before he blows out his candles. Look at that fire hazard!

On Saturday we drove up to his mom's house to spend the weekend there. We visited his grandma for her birthday later in the month and then came home to eat delicious Tortilla Soup and Texas "Sheep" Cake for dessert! We spent the rest of the weekend playing games and having fun together. We'll head up there again for Thanksgiving later this week!

For his birthday, Bryan got a book called "The Backyard Blacksmith" from me (blacksmithing is a hobby he'd like to pursue someday). He also got Pandemic (a board game that he loves), Tron on 3D blu-ray and DVD, an awesome larger fish tank for Gordon that has a filter, a hair clipper set and Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I am grateful to have Bryan in my life. Every day I realize more and more how well suited we are to each other. He is someone I can be entirely myself with and who I feel safe with. I'm so glad I get to be married to this great guy!

2 comments:

  1. i love your blog!!! and your cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to put the recipe for the cake on your other blog, it was sooooooooooo good. I may have eaten both slices you sent home with us.

    ReplyDelete