Sunday, July 24, 2011

Anne of Green Gables

Down the street from where we live is a little domed building for the Boise Little Theater. All summer Bryan and I have been driving/riding/walking past this theatre and saying we need to go to a show there. We'd like to be more involved in community events, something there are a lot of in Boise. We haven't taken part in many, save an old car parade we happened upon when we rode our bikes downtown one Saturday to go eat at a delicious Mongolian Barbecue restaurant. I finally looked up the community calendar of events so we are going to spend our last month here out and taking advantage of the neat things this little city has to offer. Anyway, last Friday Bryan and I finally made it to a show! We saw the play production of L.M. Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables."
It was a lot of fun! This was a youth production. We think it's pretty neat for kids from the community to be spending their summer break involved in a play! Anyway, I've never read the books before but when we got home I downloaded eight of them onto my Kindle App for my iPod for just 95¢! I just started the first book. Anyway, we rode our bikes there and back! It was a fun evening!
Then I realized that we almost never have pictures up here on our blog of ourselves... so here you go!
This is what we still look like, in case you were wondering. I would like to get a hair cut but Bryan likes it long. I have had it long since about 2007 so I'm feeling ready for a change. It's just so long and shapeless:
At some point I want to cut it to just below my chin but I will probably get it cut a couple inches below my shoulder this time, so it's still a little long at least. Or maybe I'll keep it long and just cut layers into it again since they have obviously grown out. I think that is the real issue with my dissatisfaction with my hair. Whatever I do, layers need to happen.

Anyway, in other news, Bryan is baking us up a couple of loaves of french bread today.
Mmm, I can't wait. What a great hobby of his! Today he decided that another hobby he wants to pursue is being a blacksmith. I told him we need to get a house before he can do anything like that!

So, life is going well. We're enjoying Boise but will be happy to be back in Provo to see our friends and family on a more frequent basis. We'll head back to Utah on August 20th but probably won't be down to Provo until the 24th or so. Bryan has one more year left at BYU and then we'll start another adventure! What that adventure is, neither of us know for the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so here goes again! What a cute couple! I loved reading your posts, and it was especially nice seeing the pictures! I'll be glad when you are back in Utah so that I can see you more often, but I think it's a great idea to enjoy Boise as much as you can before you leave. If Bryan takes up blacksmithing, what will he make? Horseshoes? Love you guys, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to go see Anne of Green Gables and ride your bikes there. Ah, the wonderful married but kid-free days! I love those books, especially the first one. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete