Monday, February 19, 2018

Another Year in Review

I'm a little late in posting this, but Penny is a year old! The main thing I want to say is... you guys, I did it. I breastfed a baby for a whole year. 12 months and some change. That might not be a big deal to most of you but if you know me or have been reading my blog for a while you know that it's a big deal to me. For a brief summary, I wasn't able to breastfeed Luke and I pumped exclusively for 8 months. It was very hard on me emotionally because I had always longed to breastfeed my baby. Well, I did! And I have to be honest that it wasn't my favorite thing. Don't get me wrong, I am so glad I did it and it was bittersweet to wean her but she was ready and so I was I. We've been weaned for about two weeks! It was never easy to breastfeed her away from home and now I feel a little more free to go out. It's also nice feeling to know that I could leave her at home with her dad and go somewhere and not have to be back by a certain time.

But enough about me. This little girl is still on the little side for her age. She's 20 lbs and I don't remember how long. Isn't that funny? I wrote everything down for Luke but life moves too fast now to give her the year in review she probably deserves. She's not walking-- she's done things a little later than Luke seemed to. He walked around 13 months so I'm not expecting it for a little while and I think that's okay. She can go at her own pace. She gets into everything, though. She is a great little crawler and loves to climb the stairs-- which is scary to me since she doesn't know how to back down them yet! If we don't have them blocked off she beelines for them. She cries more than I remember Luke crying but I think part of that is that Luke didn't have an older sibling grabbing toys out of his hand all the time! Oh, the life of a second born. She has the best smile and laugh and, of course, so much hair. I've given her less haircuts than I gave Luke by now but that's pretty understandable with her being a girl. I've trimmed her bangs a few times and evened things out in the back once. She doesn't hold still for much so for now I've had to delay my desires of fun hairstyles. If I'm lucky I can do a little pony on the top. She brings us so much joy and was meant to be a part of our family. We love our little girly!

No comments:

Post a Comment