Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Ode to My Home

Can I get sentimental for a minute here? I'm a very very sentimental person as you might be able to tell. Today I walked into my house after being gone for a week and I felt like crying. In a few short days we will say goodbye to this house forever. My parents recently moved out of my childhood home and thank goodness I wasn't there for it. I've just had to put it out of my mind to deal with out. That house held so many memories for me and just felt so good to be in. Every time I came home from college I felt like it was hugging me, welcoming me back. What is it about homes? They are just framing and dry wall. Carpet and countertops. We can take our memories with us wherever we go so why is it so hard to leave? While I have only lived in this house for two and a half years, it has really become part of my heart. Of course, OF COURSE I'm going to miss my neighborhood and ward and friends SO MUCH. But right now I'm talking about this house... like it's a person. More than a person-- a family member. It has been so good to us these past couple of years. We brought our brand new little baby here. It was a comforting place to be while I navigated the murky waters of new motherhood. I'm so conflicted because I do want it to sell so we can move forward. But when it does I just can't look back because thinking about someone else making memories in this house kind of breaks my heart. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I have all these crazy emotions bottled up inside right now due to the move and I find writing about it is the most therapeutic way I have of dealing with them.

If anyone in the Boise area is looking for a home to love, here is a link:


It has been so good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment