Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Nursery for Baby

Well, the time for baby to come is nearly at hand and I have his nursery put together for the most part. There are a few things I'd like to get but they will have to come later and aren't essential now. However, I thought I'd share a few pictures of the (pretty much) finished product.

Ta da! The quilt hanging over the crib side was the one I wrote about a few blog posts ago. My mom and I made that together. My mother in-law and I made the lanterns above the glider for my baby shower in Utah. I had the idea for a brontosaurus looking into the crib from a similar wall decal of a giraffe doing much the same. I talked to the Etsy store owner and she made this for me! I love the effect (though our walls are a little textured so it was a feat to get to stay stuck on the wall).

Here is baby's dresser and changing station. I am sad that the lighting was such that you can't see the final picture in the series. It goes with the stegosaurus one on the left (both from Target) and is of a blue brontosaurus. The middle picture was one I had the idea of from Pinterest and I made myself in Adobe Illustrator (what a wonderful 30 days it was to have that and Photoshop briefly). I also got the idea for the ribbons on the lampshade on Pinterest. Bryan's mom make the little polka dot brontosaurus and my sister Lindsay gave me the cute triceratops clock!

I love this glider. I could sit in it all day long. It is easily the most comfortable chair in our house and has such wonderful back support. We got it from Babies R Us as a part shower gift, part birthday gift from my parents. The quilt is another I made that was mentioned a few blog posts ago. I made the pillow with leftover flannel from the same quilt and applique material from the one on the crib. I'd like to get a small end table for the side of this for the baby monitor and maybe have a little book holder at the bottom.

I really wanted to have a pterodactyl mobile but I couldn't find one I liked. I had this idea mostly on my own with a few ideas from Pinterest. I used varying shades of green card stock and a pattern from Pinterest to make them and hung them from two embroidery hoops with fishing line. Then I put some felt clouds around those. 

I really like this closet organizer from Target, which is mostly the point of showing this picture. Eventually I'd like to maybe have a little white toy chest up against this wall. I'm sure the play center won't be a permanent fixture there.

Anyway, the mystery room from my house tour is finally unveiled! I hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment