Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Fair

This past Saturday Bryan and I went with our friends Lee and Suzanne to the fair here in Boise. Someone asked us the previous week if we were going and we hadn't even heard about it. I didn't go to fairs very often as a kid so I kind of assumed we wouldn't but, to my surprise, Bryan really wanted to. He said it was a tradition in his family to go to the fair each year so we went. It sounds like a nice tradition to have. I really shouldn't have been surprised because a fair, rather than a carnival that just passes from town to town, is really a community oriented event. Bryan loves to feel like part of a community and give back to it, if he can. I was excited to ride a ferris wheel with him for the first time but he was more excited about seeing the animals and looking at all that was contributed from people in our community.

Here are a few pictures I snapped, mostly of animals.



I took these two for our niece Ava, who very much loves lambies and has already decided to be one for Halloween!
These ducks were simply massive!

Bryan got to brush this cow. I pet a calf who licked my arm! It was kind of sweet, actually.


What a tender little horse moment.

Piglets!
From the top of the ferris wheel! I didn't think it was scary and didn't realize how many people do think so. It has been so smoky here in Boise for the past little bit. We desperately need some rain and have been having some fires.

Of course you have to eat funnel cake when you go to a fair!

Then we caught a twenty minute illusionist show before heading home. He was actually pretty good!

I'm glad we went-- I'm sure it will become a yearly tradition for our family!

1 comment:

  1. Bryan spent some of his younger years on a semi farm. We had chickens and goats. Bryan would help gather eggs and loved watching his dad chop the heads off the chickens. When he was older we would go to the Fredericksburg Fair, touted as the oldest fair in the country. It was sort of a pathetic fair but the midway was free with admission which the kids loved!

    ReplyDelete