Monday, August 8, 2011

A Day at the Museum

I've been keeping up with the events that are going on in Boise this month so that we could take advantage of them. I saw that the Idaho Historical Museum was having a "Hands on History" even about the Golden Age of Superheroes! I thought of comic book superheros and cool displays on their evolutions and storylines. I thought it would be a fun thing that was out of our ordinary lazy Saturdays for Bryan and I to do together and it would be something we both enjoyed. Well, we didn't get quite what I expected. The museum had mask making, lassoing villians and a superhero scavenger hunt... but I wouldn't say it had much to do with the superheroes I'd thought of. Still, we had fun and we're glad to get out and do something.

Here I am figuring out one of the clues in the elevator (the rest of the clues had to do with exhibits).

Bryan lassoing a villain!



I was so close to getting him my last time!

Mostly, we just looked around the museum. That was fun. Bryan said he'd even like to go back just to look around. Next time we are back east for enough time I think we need to go to the Smithsonian!



Here is the Blacksmith Forge Bryan will have one day! :)


Ladies' Sidesaddle!

Apparently two-headed cows existed in Idaho at one point...?

This massive fish swims in rivers here in Idaho!

They had different rooms from older houses displayed. Here is my personal favorite room-- the kitchen! Luckily, I live in the 21st century.

There was a sign that said I could get in! I wasn't breaking any museum rules! The name of this kind of boat has slipped my mind for the moment but here I am traveling with Lewis or Clark and their dog, Seaman.

So, we had a nice day out and about. Later that night we went and saw Super 8, which we both really enjoyed. The night before we saw the Green Lantern, which was just sub par. It is nice to get out and do things! In less than two weeks we'll be back to Utah and we'll be able to see friends and family again. That will be nice but we have had a nice, relaxing time in this charming city.

No comments:

Post a Comment