Sunday, June 19, 2011

Attack of the Killer Geese

So for the past few weeks I have been pretty obsessed with Our Best Bites, a cooking blog. I have made several things on there and they have pretty much all been delicious. One wedding present that Bryan and I got was a neat collapsible picnic basket so I planned that one day I would make Cheesesteak Sandwiches and we would go on a picnic. There is a park across from the grocery store that we've been wanting to go to for some time so when the weather on Friday was gorgeous it seemed the perfect opportunity.


Here is the park. We sat down at a table and started eating when a hoard of geese surrounded us! It was kind of scary because I have heard that geese aren't very nice and will take a snap at you.


Here they come, headed straight for us. There are a lot more that you can't even see.
They would come right up to the table!


Bryan eating in fear. One of them hissed at him!














We gave in and gave the ones right next to us a couple of scraps. After we were done they got bored and wandered away after a little bit and we made our escape. It probably doesn't
sound/look scary but seeing this mass of geese coming at us and having them come right up to us was surreal. It was certainly an adventure.

In other news, I am temporarily working as a Customer Service Representative taking inbound pick up order phone calls for a company called Saia. It is pretty much eight hours or saying the same things over and over on the phone. By the end of the day my voice is shot and I'm exhausted. It is good to have the extra income, though, and I am always happy to come home to Bryan.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, my influence is rubbing off on you! Our Best Bites is the best. Which recipes have you tried?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for the gaggle of geese! How funny! :)

    ReplyDelete