Sunday, September 3, 2017

August (and a little July) 2017

You guys, I'm serious about this monthly blog post thing. I made a reminder in my Google calendar to do it on the first Sunday of the month and here I am! Mostly this month I've been sewing and crafting-- for myself, for a charity, for friends. I like to keep busy, apparently.


Here's where we were at the end of the last blog post. Look how big Penny is there! She's even bigger now. She officially turned 6 months and we have started giving her foods. She still doesn't ingest a ton of it it but little by little she is eating more. And she tries all kinds of things. Tonight she ate some olives and seemed to like it! The banana below is the first thing I ever offered her.



At the end of July we went to my niece Sylvie's birthday party at my parents' house. I just love having family nearby! Luke got his face painted and also got to ride a horse!


Of course we had to celebrate Harry Potter's birthday on July 30. It was pretty tame for me but still we had Fish 'n Chips, Butterbeer, Chocolate Frogs and an FHE lesson that actually tied in to Harry Potter.


The two pictures below are now a common occurrence. Luke loves being a big helper so he usually likes to turn Penny's white noise on before her nap and off after. And he usually stops by to say hi to her for a little bit before I feed her. She just adores him.



We found a sweet new park with zip lines that is less than ten minutes from our house and we've had picnics there twice now. I hate summer, though. Even in the early evening it is sooo hot and I question my bright idea to go to the park. Luke loves it, though, and who am I to deny him? I hope I get out the door to go to the park a lot more frequently once fall officially arrives. Hopefully now that it is September it will start to cool down a little. Though, I was reminded yesterday that the first day of fall is not until September 20th. Summer.... why must you be so long???







This picture is so Penny right now. She is such a little grabber. Anything she can get her hands on. I have to be so careful what I put within her reach. She will twist all the way around in her Bumbo to get something behind her. She is so, so close to sitting up on her own but I honestly don't think crawling is going to happen for several more months. She abhors tummy time and cries every time I try-- but I do still try, because it's important. We'll just have to see. Also, I could kick myself for writing about what a great sleeper she is in the last post. Honestly it hasn't been horrible but she went through a regression and was waking up in the night for a little while. It could also be that she got her first ever cold and was working through that. The cold is gone but she still has this horrible phlegmy cough that is kind of heartbreaking to hear. Other than that, she is doing so well and growing more every day


Guess who is practically potty trained? Luke! I think he was just ready because once I really decided to just stick with the underwear and I made some rules about him going potty on his own if I wasn't around he just stuck to them. We've had very few accidents and he's been consistently going #2 in the potty. Woohoo! Today we were even brave enough to have him go to church in underwear instead of a pull up and he kept it dry for all three hours and went potty there. We still have him in a pull up at night because I'm not ready to deal with the bed wetting since he wakes up with a full pull up most mornings. We're making great progress, though!

I am just realizing it has been a year since I went through my horrible ordeal with C-Diff. Yuck, guys. Don't look that up. But I felt like maybe I was dying a little bit. Whenever I remember that whole month of what I went through I am so grateful for a healthy body.

Last but not least, yesterday we were able to attend our niece Ella's baptism. It was so nice gathering for such a special occasion and Bryan's dad was even able to come out briefly for it. I'm so grateful for the knowledge of this true gospel and for the peace it brings into my life. It makes me so happy to see Ella choosing to follow in that path. Next week it will be my niece Ava's turn but I'm sure I'll write about that next month. It also made me think about how neat it will be to go through these things with my kids. Still, I'm not ready for them to be that old yet. I hope I can savor these younger years even through the frustration it sometimes brings. They'll only be this little once. It's exciting to think about the future but sad to know I'll never have this again. Kids are the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment